Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Baby Names Inspired by Flowers


Choosing the perfect name for your baby can be tough. There are so many options out there. Do you love spring? I love the warmer weather, extra sunshine, and blooming flowers that spring brings! If you love flowers as much as I do, I have just the thing for you! I have compiled a list of about 23 names (for both genders) inspired by flowers for all my fellow spring lovers. You might find the perfect name for your little one.

Azalea

A type of flower.

Briar/Brier

A white-flowered shrub.

Clementine

A type of flower.

Clover

A green plant that also produces clover flowers.

Daisy

A type of flower.

Flora/Florian

A Roman name meaning blooming/flowering.

Fleur

A French word for flower. A Fleur-de-lis can be a stylized lily and/or a European iris.

Holly

A Holly plant can have little white flowers.

Iris

A type of flower.

Ivy

An ivy plant can flower when it is mature.

Jared

A Hebrew name that can mean descent, ruling, commanding, and also Rose.

Jasmine

A type of flower.

Leif

A Scandinavian name meaning heir; loved. It can be pronounced life, layf, or leef.

Lily

A type of flower.

Magnolia

A type of flower.

Meadow

A field where flowers grow.

Poppy

A type of flower.

Posy

A small bunch of flowers.

Ren

A Japanese name meaning water lily.

Rhodes

A Greek name meaning where roses grow. A great option for a boy.

Rose

A type of flower.

Suzanne/Suzannah

A French name meaning lily; rose.

Violet

A type of flower.

I hope these names give you some inspiration while picking out the perfect name for your baby. I love names with special meaning, and if you love springtime, these are great options to consider. If you are still looking for other options, check out these lists: Baby Names Inspired by the Sea, Baby Names Inspired by Christmas, Baby Names Inspired by Summer, and Baby Names Inspired by the Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment