Wednesday, October 11, 2023

DIY Turtle Birthday Party


For my son’s 5th birthday, he wanted to go with his favorite animal and do a turtle theme. He has a special doll of Squirt from “Finding Nemo” but wanted it to be generic and not specific to that turtle. I opted for some simple items and went with a blue and green color scheme. This is ultimately what I did to make the theme come to life.

Photo Backdrop

Supplies You’ll Need:

  • Happy Birthday sign
  • Streamer string
  • Tape

Step-by-Step Guide:

  1. Attach the Happy Birthday sign to the wall. I used tape to hold it since it was lightweight and made of plastic, like a plastic table cover. I got it at Walmart super cheap and the colors I wanted (blue+green).
  2. Attach the streamer string to the wall. I used tape to hold it since it was lightweight and made of plastic, like a plastic table cover. I got mine at Walmart super cheap, and it matched the colors of our Birthday sign.

Birthday Outfit

Supplies You’ll Need:

  • Plain t-shirt
  • Fabric paint
  • Paintbrush

Step-by-Step Guide:

  1. Paint a black outline of the Turtle on the shirt. I looked at a photo on Pinterest of Squirt from Finding Nemo to use for our design.
  2. Paint a brown shell of the turtle.
  3. Paint the teal/green body of the turtle.
  4. Paint the brown spots on the turtle.
  5. Paint the eyes of the turtle brown, black & white.
  6. Paint the florally pattern on the shell red and yellow.
  7. Paint the age of the Birthday kid on the shell in blue.
  8. Do any touch-ups needed.

Cupcakes

Supplies You’ll Need:

  • Cake mix
  • Icing
  • Cupcake sleeves
  • Gummy worms
  • Peach rings
  • Candle

Step-by-Step Guide:

  1. Make the cake mix. We made brownies and cooked them in a cupcake tray.
  2. Put icing or something similar in texture on top of cupcakes. Ours came with a chocolate filling we used.
  3. Stick a peach ring in the center of the cupcake for the turtle shell.
  4. Break the green gummy worms into pieces and use them as legs and a head for the turtle body.
  5. Break the pink gummy worms and put them in the center of the peach ring for the turtle shell.
  6. Add a candle.

Balloons

Supplies You’ll Need:

  • Green balloons
  • Sharpie marker

Step-by-Step Guide:

  1. Blow up the green balloons.
  2. Using the Sharpie marker, draw the body, legs, and head of a turtle onto the balloon.

I hope these ideas help inspire you to create your own turtle-themed party and have a great time with it. Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment